IT Client Support Services are offered in four ways:
Phone Support (582-HELP)
The IT Help Desk 582-HELP (x4357) is the front end for all IT Client Services.
Contact the Help Desk:
- To schedule a time to resolve an IT WebHelp Ticket.
- To get answers to questions that are not answered on the IT Website.
- When attempts to log into Self Service applications (e.g. MyCSUMB) are unsuccessful.
On-Line Services Requests
In Person Support
IT Service Desk - Tanimura & Antle Family Memorial library
Where: First floor of the Tanimura & Antle Family Memorial library.
What: Provide technology assistance to students, staff and faculty using the library and cafe area computer and technology enhanced facilities. We also provide personal laptop computer assistance to help you:
- Get connected to the CSUMB wired and wireless networks
- Get your machine protected from virus, worm and spyware threats (installation/configuration of Symantec anti virus/spyware protection software)
These services are designed to be instructional and will require the customer to participate in the process. IT@CSUMB does not offer any kind of personal computer repair service.
NOTE: Audio/Visual check-out services are not available at the IT Service Desk counter
Hours during Fall and Spring terms:
- Monday - Thursday, 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM, as available
- Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, as available
- Saturday, 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM, as available
- Sunday, 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM, as available
- Closed all University holidays, summer and winter terms
Where: Your dorm room
What: During the Fall and Spring terms, a Dorm Tech is available to help students living in CSUMB dorms get their computers connected to the CSUMB wired network. If you have a laptop and are having problems connecting to the wireless network, please visit the IT Service Desk at the Tanimura & Antle Family Memorial library.
The Dorm Tech does not provide help with game systems, TV's, printers, DVR's, etc.