Lab Software Review (LSR)
The Lab Software Review is a joint process sponsored by Technology Support Services in cooperation with the Faculty Senate Technology Committee and the Center for Academic Technologies (CAT). The purpose of the review is to establish software content for academic computing labs at CSUMB.
The Fall 2013 Review is a major update to software standards established in previous lab loadsets.
Lab Software Review Schedule:
- March 8 to April 7 (completed): Faculty requests accepted for software additions/upgrades and configuration changes.
- April 8 to April 19: Requests are reviewed and decisions communicated to requesters.
- April 22: Fall 2013 loadset information published on this page
Lab Software Request Process for Faculty
Step 1: Review existing lab loadsets
Review the base loadset below to determine if the software you need is already included.
Step 2: Submit a request for software additions/upgrades
If the software you need is not listed, submit a lab software request. If you are not sure what software you need or have questions, contact your faculty representative or submit a lab software request and include a note indicating that you want to be contacted.
Step 3: Check the status of your request
Review the Fall 2013 proposed software additions, upgrades, changes and retirements below along with lab configuration changes and other issues (proposed changes will be posted below as they are received/reviewed)
Fall 2013 software additions, upgrades, changes and retirements
- There are no major changes/releases from Adobe, Microsoft and Apple, so most of the updates for Fall 2013 will be minor.
- MLC 110 will not be setup as dual-boot for Fall 2013. It will only have the Mac OS X loadset installed. MLC 156 will remain a dual-boot and include Mac OS X and Windows 7 loadsets.
- Auralia was purchases and will be added to MPA loadset
- Avid Media Composer 6.5 upgrade was approved and if 7.0 is released before base loadset is ready, we may be able to complete the upgrade before Fall 2013.
- "R" Statistical software has been added to the base lab loadset.
Windows 7 (64-bit)
Mac OS X (Lion)
- CSUMB Course Schedule
- Resource 25
- Current Loadsets
- If you have questions, please contact Cristine Whitacre at (831) 582-4641 or email@example.com
Faculty Representatives: Organizational representatives coordinate the communication between their faculty constituents and the Software Resource Coordinator for the purpose of proposing changes to the lab software loadsets. Representatives for the Review are:
- AHSS/VPA: Stephanie Johnson
- AHSS/MPA: Lanier Sammons
- AHSS/WLC: Gus Leonard
- AHSS/VPA: Angelica Muro
- ASAP: Jay Singh
- CAT: Troy Challenger
- CPS/All: Vacant
- LIB: Steve Watkins
- SMART/MATH: Michael B. Scott
- SMART/SEP: Margaret Geissler
- SMART/SEP: Pat Iampietro
- SMART/TAT: Chris Carpenter
- SMART/ITCD: Kenneth Lontoc
About the Lab Software Review
The Lab Software Review is a joint process sponsored by Technology Support Services in cooperation with the Faculty Senate Technology Committee and the Center for Academic Technologies (CAT).