California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB) recognizes it's affirmative and continuing obligation to protect the confidentiality, maintain the integrity, and ensure the availability of information about and used by CSUMB faculty, staff, students and customers and to provide administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect university information assets.
The CSUMB Information Security and Privacy Program provides the framework and IT@CSUMB provides assistance to the University for meeting it's responsibilities by:
- Developing University policies, standards, and procedures regarding the acquisition, transmission, processing, maintenance, safeguarding, release, and disposal of personal and confidential information and other CSUMB sensitive data;
- Developing and providing appropriate training and informational materials; and
- Assessing and ensuring University compliance with program related laws, regulations, CSU and CSUMB policies, standards and procedures.
Questions regarding any information contained in this web site or other Information Security issues should be directed to the Office of the Chief Information Officer at (831) 582-4700
The Information Security Team Organizational Chart provides a visual description of the hierarchy of the staff and faculty on CSUMB's Information Security Team.
The Information Security Team Organizational Chart (Accessible) is a text version of the hierarchy of the staff and faculty on CSUMB's Information Security Team.
Information Security Awareness and Training
Policies, Standards and Procedures
- CSU Information Security Policy
- Records Management Standard
- CSU Records Retention Schedules
- Information Security Awareness Standard
- Information Security Awareness Training Procedure
- Lost or Stolen Devices Reporting Procedure
- Mobile Technologies Standard
- Password Standard
- Information Classification
- Information Protection Requirements
- Media Sanitization Methods
- Clean Desk and Clear Screen