• Cable Modem Maintenance has been completed! Share your comments with us
AKA: Broadband, High-Speed Internet
PURPOSE: Extend the University's West Campus network services to all residents on East Campus.
With cable modem service, your connection to the Internet is fast and reliable and comparable to the rest of the CSUMB network.
In order to use the service, all you need to do is follow these steps:
1) Purchase a recommended cable modem
2) Follow the setup instructions
3) Open a web browser. When you do this you will be automatically re-directed to a page that will allow you to register your cable modem.
4) Once this registration screen is completed, users will receive a registration confirmation e-mail to which they must reply to complete the registration
If your cable modem remains disconnected for more than 30-days, you may need to re-register.
We do not provide any technical support for home networking, broadband phone service (Vonage and others) or network connected game consoles (Xbox, PS3, etc.).